CIBC Canada App Lets You Bank Securely on your Mobile
Find everything you need to know about CIBC Canada secure mobile app for your personal and small business banking transactions on Android and iPhone.
The CIBC Mobile Banking® ranks among the top 5 mobile banking app in Canada, besides the exceptional functionalities and overall user experience earned it Forrester’s 2019 award. This is because where you are, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce ensures that you enjoy safe and convenient banking with these features:
- Security Guarantee: Your money is protected by CIBC Digital Banking Guarantee
- Encryption Technology: Multiple layers of security keeps your private information and log in safe.
- Two-Step Verification: Any change on your account is verified by you.
- Authentication: Authenticate your identity using PIN entry, Touch ID, or Face ID.
As of this review, the CIBC has over 1,000,000 downloads on the app store which confirms its top-ranking positions among banks in Canada.
Table of Contents
Features of CIBC Online Banking App
While the above features are tailored to your personal banking activities, the next key points let you simplify your banking experience without contacting your account officer or customer service support.
- Instantly get your credit score for free without impacting it; The CIBC app comes with an improved credit score rating system so you can ascertain your loan limit.
- Deposit cheques from anywhere using your phone’s camera: Save the queuing time by depositing all cheque payments issued by your clients into your bank account using your smartphone AI camera. This captures all data on the cheque; the name of the bank, account holder, amounts, date and signature.
- Get real-time currency conversions for your CIBC Visa* Card when you travel; The use of your app isn’t limited to Canada, you can also get latest foreign exchange rates whenever you make purchases with your credit or debit card abroad.
- Open an account right from the app; for new account holders looking to join the CIBC family, you can request for a new personal or small business account, process your documentations and get verified on the go.
- The location-based app also offers you the facility to find a nearby CIBC centre or the ATM. Through this service, you can easily go through the branch locator to find the required branch in your area.
- The CIBC mobile banking app also provides you with full password protection. You can set and change your password at any time you want. In this way, it helps in securing your money from any unauthorized access at any time. Thus, all of these features make it a great and must-to-have app to use.
How to download the CIBC app?
You will enjoy the simplest process of downloading this amazing app on your mobile phone. Just like you download other financial or non-financial apps into your mobile phone, you can download this app as well.
- To do so, click on the play store app icon or app store icon in your smartphone.
- Once the app opens, click on the search box and type the name, “CIBC mobile banking app”. The app will be seen in the search results. Tap on the icon to download it onto your smartphone.
- Once the download is finished, click to launch the app into your mobile, then, go through the terms and condition, signup process and complete the verification.
- Enter your username and password to sign in to your account. After logging in to your account, you can easily navigate through the app to use its different features.
However, make sure that you never share your personal password or transaction pin with any other person, otherwise, anyone can sing up to your account and make a transfer from your app. Therefore, make sure to use a strong password and keep it confidential.
How to Contact CIBC Customer Service:
If you need to connect with CIBC, you can explore the mobile lines which are popularly known to be Telephone banking.
- For customers in the US and Canada: 1-800-465-2422
- All other countries outside Canada and the U.S.: 1-902-420-2422
What you can do on CIBC Telephone banking:
- You can check up-to-the-minute balances in your account and track the summary of the last 15 transactions on your CIBC personal accounts.
- You can also set up post-dated transfers or bills on your numerous CIBC accounts as well as credit cards.
- Get to know what you have on your CIBC credit cards, see the spendable balances available on your credit, check your recent transactions, plus get the date and amount of your last payment
- Place a stop payment on a cheque or change an existing order.