Crypto.com Declined By Issuer? How to Fix Card Transaction Error
This guide on Crypto.com delined by Issuer shows you why you keep seeing the transaction error message whenever you want to use your debit or credit card to buy cryptocurrencies and if you have been asking what does declined by Issuer mean on Crypto.com?, how do I fix card declined by Issuer?, why is my bank blocking Crypto.com?, why is my credit card being declined by Crypto.com?, why can’t I buy anything on Crypto.com?, how do I contact Crypto.com support? I will try my best to provide possible answers to your questions.
Crypto.com is a leading cryptocurrencies exchange platform that connects you to 10m+ users who are always buying and selling 250+ crypto coins at fair value. This is a large number that’s no doubt verifiable proof of opportunities in the cryptocurrency space.
Does Crypto.com Have An App?
The interesting thing about the platform is that you can do everything you want anywhere, anytime from your smartphone via the Crypto.com wallet application.
The app is designed to provide all your cryptocurrencies needs like:
- Purchase coins at their true cost with no fees nor hidden spread markups.
- Buy top value cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin(BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Solana (SOL), Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland and others coins you may be interested in.
- Fund your wallet with credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- Store your coins in a secure blockchain, send and receive from others users of Crypto.com or external exchanges.
- Track the prices of 300+ coins with price trackers for buy or sell decisons.
Clearly, the platform seems to be taking the place of online banks in the global financial space as you can hold crypto assets, grow your funds without recourse to the bank’s term deposits.
Some of the key highlights of Crypto.com are:
- Spend with Crypto.com Visa Card and get up to 8% cash back.
- Compound your annual returns by receiving 14.5% reward on your crypto portfolio.
And as a centralized crypto exchange, each transaction that takes place needs to be verified by a financial institution before processing. But while there are several payment methods to buy cryptocurrencies on Crypto.com, your card may be declined by the issuer, hence transaction error. Some of my investor’s friends on Reddit that used their cards in Singapore or via Chase bank have confirmed that 3ds verifications are always a challenge too.
Although, you may need to try again to confirm the error message and if crypto.com declined by issuer continues, here is how to fix debit or credit card declined.
In this post, I’d share tips on how to fix the card declined transaction error via these sub-topics:
How to Fund Crypto.com With Credit or Debit Card
As of the time, I updated this blog post, only USD is available for US Cards. Before you proceed to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana or any other cryptocurrencies on the Crypto.com app, you’d need to use a credit or debit card linked to Visa or MasterCard to fund a Crypto.com account with USD or USDT. This is how centralized exchanges work, they are built to integrate fiat payment methods.
So when you try to make payment an Issuer knows that you are using their debit or credit card to make payments and as such requires some basic verifications like daily/monthly transactions limit depending on the type of products you are enjoying.
A card declined or transactions error on Crypto.com isn’t a new thing to them, besides such messages are always displayed on their daily log and I am sure you’d like to know why your payments aren’t successful.
Crypto.com Declined By Issuer? Here is How to Fix This Type of Transaction Error:
Whenever you try to use your credit or debit card on Crypto.com but it keeps getting delined, these issues might be the cause of the frustrations.
- Crypto.com Declined By Issuer Due to Server Downtime or Maintenance: Most customers get to see their payment card show error for sometime but after a while they are able to fund USD wallet. This usually happens when there is a server side issue. I have experienced this several times on Visa or MasterCard powered platforms.
- Transactions Errors May Occur Due to Wrong Card Details. Sometimes, it’s good to double check the card details you entered when funding your Crypto.com account. While some platforms may immediately alert you or display wrong card number, expiration date, or CVC code, others may not. Such mistake might be flaged by the Issuer when topping up your Crypto.com wallet or Visa Card.
- Card Declined By Issuer Due to Insufficient Funds: If the fiat/cash balance in your savings or checking account isn’t sufficient to cover the amount you want to deposit or buy the crypto currencies you want to hold, your Issuer will decline your payment card. In some countries, users are restricted to certain monthly limits on your international cards due regulatory requirements or anti-money laundering rules. Or you account might be subjective to manual approvals before you can use them to make international payments.
- Crypto.com Transaction Error Due to Suspected Fraud: Most Issuers have record and histories of your locations, and IP address of your previous transactions so when your card is declined on Crypto.com, it might be due to usual activities on your credit or debit card so you’d have to contact your Issuer to fix that.
If your Crypto.com declined by Issuer doesn’t fall within these possibilities, you may need to call your account manager to know why transactions on your card aren’t successful.
Alternatively, you can apply for Crypto.com Visa Cards for seamless buying of cryptocurrencies like ADA, BTC, CHZ, DAI, DOGE, ENJ, EOS, ETH, LINK, LTC, MANA, MATIC, PAX, TAUD, TCAD, TGBP, TUSD, UNI, USDC, USDT, VET, XLM & ZIL.