NLCU Online Banking Lets You Deposit Canadian Cheque From Android & iPhone
The review on NLCU online banking shows you everything you need to know about Northern Light Credit Union, the mobile banking guide in Canada, and how to download the app to your Android and iPhone
Established in 1957, Newfoundland and Labrador Credit Union (NLCU) is a full-service financial institution and the largest credit union in the Newfoundland and Labrador province, rendering a full suite of retail and corporate banking and financial services in the region. It offers chequing and savings accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards, online banking, savings and investment, retirement planning, invoicing, payroll and tax services, and much more. Members have seamless access to their accounts twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week through online, mobile, telephone, and ATM banking channels. It operates twelve (12) branches in major hubs across Newfoundland and Labrador, including an NLCU Business Centre, and a Member Solutions Centre. NLCU serves more than 20,000 active residents, with an employee count of approximately 120 teams of professionals who use their intimate knowledge of local economies and financial expertise to help members prosper, by helping to manage their personal and business finances. As part of Canada’s largest group of financial institutions, NLCU manages corporate, value-driven partnerships with leading brands in the Canadian financial services industry to provide customers access to best-in-class financial solutions and expertise in insurance, investing, wealth management, leasing, lending, and more.
Led by corporate ideals and core co-operative values of education, excellence, trust, social responsibility, integrity, empowerment, and innovation regardless of demographic or geographical diversity, its core vision is to be the superior provider of the ideal financial service experience, with a mission to gain complete trust and confidence of its members, including employees, in all its operations; as well as a total commitment to the achievement of the overall success of its members and communities. The core values of NLCU are inspired by its commitment to its people and communities. For more than six decades, the spirit of those values has inspired the institution to provide exceptional service to its members every day. Social responsibility is a deeply-rooted core value that the team members all share at NLCU. It motivates them to serve their communities with the same dedication and care as its members.
The credit union has proudly supported numerous initiatives and organizations over the years, many of which have helped sustain or improve important services and programs that enhance local, national, and even international communities. The institution has established its own Scholarship Program to help young community graduates in their pursuit of post-secondary education. Through NLCU’s establishment and continuing support of the NLCU Charitable Foundation, financial aid has been provided to charitable causes since 2002.
NLCU established the NLCU Charitable Foundation Corporation, a federally registered charity that raises funds for charitable organizations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. Since its inception in 2002, the Foundation has donated over $1.5 million to charities. NLCU partnered with the NLCU Charitable Foundation to hold a Charities Donation Facebook Voting Contest, an online event designed to foster giving across the public through local charities. NLCU members and the public were invited to vote on which local charities in each of NLCU’s locations would receive a $1,000 donation generously provided by the Foundation. A total of $13,000 is being donated to 13 charities across the province. As an Act of Kindness, NLCU’s 120 employees have also been collecting donations in support of Coats for Kids. Each year, NLCU supports community groups and initiatives whose values align with theirs and whose efforts enhance its communities and the well-being of fellow Newfoundlanders and Labradorians.
Taking a broad, inclusive approach to bettering its province, making a conscious effort to sponsor different initiatives across the province whose events, programs, and services benefit local communities or have a province-wide impact. The various kinds of support provided include:
- Volunteer Support: NLCU has an incredible team of professionals who share their credit union’s dedication to improving its communities and the lives of its people through volunteerism. They work with community groups to provide a reliable, enthusiastic volunteer force.
- Partnership Support: NLCU manages a handful of resources at its disposal to assist community groups, such as marketing expertise, promotional materials, and the use of equipment like facsimiles and photocopiers. The credit union also actively participates in fundraisers, helping a community group bring awareness to their efforts to raise funds for a particular program or service.
- Sponsorships: NLCU provides monetary support to local community groups and organizations whose projects and initiatives help to enhance the communities where it dwells and operates. Typical sponsorships range from $50 to $250. At times, the credit union may provide larger sponsorships to initiatives that have a more significant impact and reach.
What You Should Know About NLCU Online Banking
NLCU Mobile Banking offers an easy and convenient way to meet a broad range of financial service needs. Providing real-time, instant, and secure access to accounts, cheque deposits, bill payments, and money transfer services. Currently available on both Apple and Android devices, features of the NLCU Mobile app include:
- Quickview – Provides access for users to view account balances onscreen without logging in when enabled; convenient for when standing in the checkout line.
- Account Details – Provides access for users to view account activity and recent transactions.
- Bill Payments – Users can pay bills instantly, set up future payments, and add and delete payees/beneficiaries.
- Remote Deposit – Cheques can be deposited remotely via the Deposit Anywhere™ feature. (This feature uses the camera function on a mobile device).
- Scheduled Transactions – Users can schedule payments; view and edit upcoming bills and transfers.
- Transfers – Handles instant funds transfers, and enables setup of recurring transfers; users can send money securely via email or text, using the INTERAC® e-Transfer feature.
- Messages – Users can view messages and important notifications from the Credit Union.
- ATM Locator – Users can pay NLCU a visit using the Branch/ATM locator function, by utilizing a smartphone’s GPS.
- Financial Calculators – Users can access financial calculators without the need to login into the mobile banking app.
- Security – Enables user’s to bank securely and with confidence. The mobile app uses the same high level of security as online banking.
NLCU Online Banking offers more functionality for convenience and security, with its array of additional features to address diverse personal and business financial needs and obligations. Users can enjoy comfortability and ease of internet banking experience with a few clicks from either their PCs, mobile devices, or personal digital assistants (PDAs). Ranging from banking, borrowing, savings, investing, planning and insurance services, the NLCU Online Banking platform provides seamless access to a full-fledged suite of tailored options to meet customer-specific needs. These include:
- Direct Deposit – Also known as preauthorized credit, is a fast, convenient and secure way to access money, which saves time from having to visit the branch or ATM to deposit cheques.
- Direct Payment – A hitch-free and economical way to purchase goods and services without hassle or delay of cheque approvals. Very handy for time-bound and emergency transactions.
- Automatic Funds Transfer – Enable automatic debits or credits of accounts from other financial institutions.
- ClickSWITCH – A fast, secure and free way to switch automatic payments and direct deposits.
- Lock’N’Block – An integrated service offered by Everlink through MemberDirect and the NLCU mobile banking app.
- Business Credit Cards – A suite of NLCU Collabria Business credit cards offer a wide variety tailored to diverse business needs. Low fees and comparable rates make for a unique package of benefits.
- Savings & Investing – Integrated access to explore savings and investing products more conveniently and at less cost – Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs), Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIFs), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs), Registered Disability Savings Plans (RDSPs), Term Deposits, Mutual Funds, Virtual Wealth and Online Brokerages can be accessed with a few clicks.
- Borrowing – Seamless access to credit facilities – Mortgages, loans, credit lines, credit cards, student financing, and vehicle loans, provided in conjunction with top-leading, partner financial institutions across the country.
- Insurance – Flexible insurance options can be explored ranging from creditor insurance to personal, family and group, home, and auto insurance made accessible through a partnership network of leading insurance giants.
- Planning – Direct access to professional financial planning, estate, and trust planning services.
- SMS Fraud Alerts – NLCU members with cell phone numbers provided to NLCU can be automatically enrolled in SMS Fraud Alerts.
- CRA Direct Deposit – Easy access to manage Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) direct deposit information through NLUC’s online banking platform.
- Interac® Online – An easy and secure way to use debit accounts with NLCU to pay for online shopping purchases.
- MemberDirect Business – A service that allows for better finance management with easy-to-use features and gives users access to business accounts anytime, anywhere. MemberDirect Business is specifically designed to offer features that meet the needs of businesses and is fully integrated with MemberDirect Online Banking and Mobile App.
- MemberDirect Payroll – Designed to cater to the need for innovative, efficient solutions that work faster, MemberDirect Payroll, the newest feature in MemberDirect Business, is an accounting powerhouse for small business owners that allows business members to use their MemberDirect Business online banking system to pay their employees. The integrated payroll service does it all – from quick and easy current payroll data migration, and bulk staff payments (including full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees), to providing support to all Canadian bank accounts, file calculation, and automatic payment of all federal and provincial payroll taxes, as well as access for owners to approve payments anywhere in the world. The feature also supports Delegates and Dual Signers, quick delivery of employee deductions, and employer contribution summaries for tax payments: Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance (EI), Workers Compensation (WCB), Statement of Remuneration Paid slips (T4s), Record of Employments (ROEs) and more, cash flow improvement (payments are created, sent, and cleared in just 3 business days, rather than 6 – like its competitors), automatic storage of all historical data (no more lost pay slips), provision of employees profiles for updating personal information, as well as pay slips and T4s downloads. Safety is guaranteed, as data is secured in state-of-the-art data centers and replicated in several disaster-recovery sites.
- Security and Ease of Access – NLCU’s online and mobile banking now has a new security feature called 2-Step Verification and a new self-service feature for resetting personal access codes (PAC).
How to Download NLCU Mobile Banking App for Android and iPhone
With a host of convenient features, the NLCU Mobile Banking app is a fast and secure way to handle everyday banking wherever and whenever suitable. The dedicated app provides smooth navigation across NLCU’s suite of banking services. Downloading the Mobile App can be done from the Google Play store (on an Android device) or iTunes (on an Apple device) by searching for NLCU.
The NLCU Mobile App can be downloaded in just three easy steps:
For Apple iPhone devices:
- Using an Apple device (iPhone or iPad), search for “NLCU” in the iTunes App Store.
- Select the app icon, and verify that the author of the app is NLCU.
- Tap the icon marked “Free,” then tap again when it changes to “Install”.
- Once downloaded it will appear on the phone with the rest of the downloaded apps.
- Open and follow app instructions.
For Android devices:
- Using an Android device, search for “NLCU Mobile” on the Google Play store (supports only Android 6.0 and above versions)
- Tap on the “Install” tab, and wait till the download is complete.
- Once downloaded, it will appear on the phone with the rest of the downloaded apps.
- Open and follow app instructions.
NLCU Internet Banking Login Guide
Users can log in to the app with the same membership details as online banking and once logged out or the app is closed, a secure session will end. To take advantage of the full functionality of the app, a user must already be registered and have logged in to online banking. However, a user who is not an online banking member can still use the Branch/ATM locator, Rates, and Contact information.
There is no charge for the NLCU online banking app but mobile data downloading and internet charges may apply. Users can check their mobile phone provider for details.