Send Money Abroad at Lower Rates on Western Union New Zealand App
This review on Western Union New Zealand app lets you understand the features, functionalities and how to you can send money online to your friends and family.
Mr George is a young banker resident in New Zealand in the last 10 years. At the end of the month, it always difficult for him to find a reliable money transfer agent or platform that offers low-cost transfer service to Ghana, a painstaking process that requires him to compare bank charges, New Zealand exchange rates and app services.
But as Western Union launches its app to ease and provide secure and reliable money transfer service, Mr George now isn’t bothered about international money transfer from New Zealand to Ghana or any other country
This scenario buttress how the Western Union New Zealand app is tagged a game-changer in the fintech space as it allows you can create your profile and send money anywhere and any time of the day.
The WU app will enable you to carry out the following banking transactions conveniently;
The bank users can make use of the New Zealand-issued debit or credit card to make a transfer or make payment using your bank account or using any of the accredited agents to make cash payments.
Also, money can be transferred in-store by filling the money transfer information on the Western Union app to save time. After this, visit any of the over 300 accredited agents across New Zealand to pay in cash and complete the fund transfer.
Interestingly also, the fund transferred can be monitored via the app and the exact location of the fund known. Closely related to this is the fact that the rates of the funds you are sending can be known before sending. So, there are no surprises as to fees because the app shows the rates and the exchange rates when the transfer is initiated.
The Western Union app stored your details so you do not need the transfer history to initiate another transfer. Through the app, the closest accredited Western Union agent can be located, and their hour of operation.
How it works
After downloading the Western Union app,
- Create a profile by going through the step-by-step guide in the app with your email address details.
- Go to the ‘Pay in store’ to make your first money transfer
- There is a need to verify your profile in-store. You need to bring your government-issued identification within 24 hours to any accredited agent for verification and make payment for the transfer.
A bank customer can choose how they want the money to arrive. This can either be through direct deposit into the bank account of the receiver. Endeavor to confirm the bank account country information before going ahead with the transactions. The conditions differ from one country to another country. You need the receiver’s bank name, code, their account name, and account number.
Another way by which the money can be received is through a direct cash pick up from over 500,000 agents scattered around the world.
The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iPhone and iPad devices.
Therefore you must note the following;
- The receiver of the funds will be charged from his mobile wallet for SMS notification and account cash-out charges.
- In case you are making use of debit or credit card, a card-issuer cash advance charge and interest rate is applicable
- Also, Western Union earns additional money from currency exchange, so, it is important to compare exchange rates and transfer charges when choosing a money transmitter. Usually, these charges are subject to modification from time to time. Therefore, receiver’s account number must be an account number where that allow local currency payout
So, it is important to note that each country has a limit to how much can be received. You can call the customer care on 0800 005 253 to inquire about a specific amount that can be sent to a particular country. However, the limit that can be sent ranges from between $300 – $2,500.
In conclusion, funds sent via Western Union app can be picked up within a few minutes at any designated agent outlet anywhere in the world.